- Keep Tallahassee Beautiful is a non-profit volunteer-based organization committed to keeping our community beautiful. We are based in Tallahassee, Florida’s capital. We’re a volunteer-based organization that takes personal responsibility toward Tallahassee’s environment. KTB is dedicated to keeping our community litter-free and educated about recycling, solid waste, and our environment.
- KTB is an affiliate of Keep America Beautiful and an award-winning affiliate of Keep America Beautiful!
- KTB makes a difference!
- KTB has reduced litter in Tallahassee and Leon County by 40%.
- All our programs affect the local area, putting into action the phrase, “Think globally, act locally.”
- Because of public-private partnerships, every $1.00 donated to KTB actually results in $46.00 of services.
This notice serves as a reminder that the Solicitation of Contributions Act requires registered charities to conspicuously display their registration number and the disclosure statement below on every solicitation, confirmation, receipt, or reminder of a contribution, including websites. s. 496.411, F.S.
“A COPY OF THE OFFICIAL REGISTRATION AND FINANCIAL INFORMATION MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE DIVISION OF CONSUMER SERVICES BY CALLING TOLL-FREE WITHIN THE STATE. REGISTRATION DOES NOT IMPLY ENDORSEMENT, APPROVAL, OR RECOMMENDATION BY THE STATE.”
The disclosure statement must include a toll-free number and website for the Division of Consumer Services which can be used to obtain the registration information.
• 1-800-HELP-FLA (435-7352)
• www.FloridaConsumerHelp.com (Note: This will replace www.800helpfla.com. If you have solicitation materials with www.800helpfla.com in the disclosure, you may continue to use them. This website will remain active as charities transition to the new web address.)
If the solicitation occurs on a website, the statement must be conspicuously displayed on any webpage that identifies a mailing address where contributions are to be sent, identifies a telephone number to call to process contributions, or provides for online processing of contributions. If you have any concerns about where the registration number should be placed on your website, please call us at the number below.
Please note that mail drops, physical addresses of UPS stores or other third party mail recipients are not considered principal addresses for a charity. A physical address of the charitable organization is required. Adherence to this requirement will reduce the number of deficiency letters and expedite the processing of applications.
We appreciate your cooperation. If you have any questions or require assistance, please contact us at 800-435-7352 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Failure to comply with these requirements could result in penalties up to $5,000.