Celebrating 25 Years
SATURDAY, October 28, 2017 2017 Shoot The Moon
November 11, 2017 National Recycling Day at Home Depot CCNE
November 18, 2017 National Recycling Day at Home Depot
December 14, 2017 Board Meeting
January 2018 Arbor Day Tree Planting
February 8, 2018 Board Meeting
March 3, 2018 Super Clean Sweep
April 2, 2018 Green Tree Open at Golden Eagle
April 10, 2018 Earth Day Art Contest at Goodwood
April 12, 2018 Board Meeting
June 2018 Keep Florida Beautiful Conference
June 14, 2018 Board Meeting
August 9, 2018 Board Meeting
September 15, 2018 International Shore Clean Up
Board meetings to be held at noon at Mission San Luis, Second Floor Classroom
Project dates will be announced seasonally.
Top 5 Ways to Travel Green
The team here at KTB is always looking for ways to have green and sustainable experiences (you’re not surprised to hear that at all, are you?), so we thought we’d share with you our Top 5 Green Travel Tips.
1. Use a Car Litter Bag or any container you choose – we don’t care what it is, we just encourage you to use it! Keep something in your car to capture litter. And, every time you fill up the gas tank, empty your car litter bag into the trash cans provided near the gas pump. It’s the simplest things that make a difference.
2. Refill a Reusable Bottle. All great roadtrips include a cooler full of sandwiches, snacks and refreshments. Instead of packing that cooler with pre-bottled water, take along a refillable thermos or bottle for each family member, then fill up with water at each stop for gas or leg-stretching breaks.
3. Leave No Trace. Make a minimal impact every time you get outdoors. Don’t leave litter behind. Camping? Understand the expectations and best practices for building and putting out campfires, personal toileting and storing food. Learn more …
4. Eat Local. Local restaurants support local jobs, local farms and local flavors. More and more eateries are serving homemade meals using family recipes from homegrown ingredients. Take advantage of this opportunity to help sustain these businesses and their green practices, and experience their authentic local fare.
5. Seek Out Green Travel Options. A growing number of lodges, hotels, attractions and restaurants are implementing green, sustainable practices to appeal to the eco-traveler. Your patronage of their business will encourage them to continue and expand their green offerings.