Celebrating 25 Years
November 2, 2018 Shoot the Moon Halloween Version
November 16, 2018 National Recycling Day at Home Depot CCNE
December 6, 2018 Board Meeting
January 2019 Arbor Day Tree Planting
February 7, 2019 Board Meeting
March 2, 2019 Super Clean Sweep (Super Lube)
March 29, 2019 Deadline for Earth Day Art Contest
TBA Bella Notte
April 4, 2019 Board Meeting
April 8 or 15, 2019 Green Tree Open at Golden Eagle (WastePro)
April 9, 2019 (deadline 3/29/19) Earth Day Art Contest at Goodwood (Hancock Bank)
June 2019 Keep Florida Beautiful Conference
June 6, 2019 Board Meeting
August 8, 2019 Board Meeting
September 14, 2019 International Shore Clean Up
Board meetings to be held at Centre of Tallahassee Urban Market, 2415 N. Monroe St, #300, Noon
Project dates will be announced seasonally.
Top 5 Ways to Travel Green
The team here at KTB is always looking for ways to have green and sustainable experiences (you’re not surprised to hear that at all, are you?), so we thought we’d share with you our Top 5 Green Travel Tips.
1. Use a Car Litter Bag or any container you choose – we don’t care what it is, we just encourage you to use it! Keep something in your car to capture litter. And, every time you fill up the gas tank, empty your car litter bag into the trash cans provided near the gas pump. It’s the simplest things that make a difference.
2. Refill a Reusable Bottle. All great roadtrips include a cooler full of sandwiches, snacks and refreshments. Instead of packing that cooler with pre-bottled water, take along a refillable thermos or bottle for each family member, then fill up with water at each stop for gas or leg-stretching breaks.
3. Leave No Trace. Make a minimal impact every time you get outdoors. Don’t leave litter behind. Camping? Understand the expectations and best practices for building and putting out campfires, personal toileting and storing food. Learn more …
4. Eat Local. Local restaurants support local jobs, local farms and local flavors. More and more eateries are serving homemade meals using family recipes from homegrown ingredients. Take advantage of this opportunity to help sustain these businesses and their green practices, and experience their authentic local fare.
5. Seek Out Green Travel Options. A growing number of lodges, hotels, attractions and restaurants are implementing green, sustainable practices to appeal to the eco-traveler. Your patronage of their business will encourage them to continue and expand their green offerings.